Fabricating a pendant using anticlastic forming techniques and hammered texture


 
For a long time I have been using hammers to get ruffles in my metal. Lately I have been experimenting with anticlastic forming. Now I am trying to use them both in the same piece.     

I cut a shape from brass sheet.


I cut a circle from the middle of the shape.


I've decided to round up the angle.


I hammered the shape with a goldsmith hammer.


I introduced ruffles with round nose pliers.


I flattened the ruffles for a less dramatic look with a flat hammer.


Using sinusoidal plastic stakes and metal hammers I hammered the metal adding curvature to the bottom part of the shape.


The pendant hanging from a cord.


Tying to understand how it looks on me.














   


























Comments