Anticlastic shaped flower / Petal bead cap

Recently I looked at several bead projects and realized that shapes similar to my metal flowers are called petal bead caps. It made me want to try to design a project that will include a large number of such flower beads / petal bead caps. For my spring necklace (posted on 6/4/13 ) I used only one flower but now I want to make use of many of them.

Since I use for my jewelry only hand fabricated components I did a small research in which I examined shapes and sizes of flower / petal bead caps. I do not have a preferred one yet, but in the meantime you may see the results of the experiment so far.

All the designs started as a flat model, I gave the leaves volume by processing with a hammer and an anticlastic anvil and finally I folded the leaves to get the final three-dimensional shape.



Comments