Fashion Jewelry: The collection of Barbara Berger

I visited the MAD (Museum of art & design) In NYC to see the exhibition: Fashion Jewelry, The collection of Barbara Berger.

It is unique demonstrate of imagination and craftsmanship. Presenting jewelry that is extravagant & flashy, colorful and complex. The fashion jewelry is made ​​from a variety of materials. Some try to imitate gold and precious stones jewelry. Others however are made of different materials such as plastic, hair and feathers.

Photographing conditions at the exhibition were far from optimal so I chose to show only the reasonable-quality photos. I could not take photos of other jewelry items I liked because of light reflection, reflection of myself & of the room etc.
The Photo of each piece is followed by a photo of the artist name and/or the name of the fashion house.

Tip: Open the drawers that are on the side wall! I was surprised to find out they were filled with jewelry. The items in the drawers were less flashy than those hanging out but they were very special and made ​​by well known artists.

The exhibition will be on display until January 20, 2014.



























Comments