Petal bead cap bracelet

The ongoing story - fabricating anticlastic & Synclastic shaped flowers known also as petal bead caps became almost an obsession with me. In recent months I have written quite a bit about the experiments I have done to find the most suitable shape for my projects. Eventually I found a rather good design.

It started as a flat model. I gave the leaves volume by working with hammers and a wood block for synclastic forming and than an anticlastic stake. Finally I folded the leaves to get the three-dimensional shape.

 It was time to do a piece of jewelry! So my first project is a variation on a bracelet which I saw in D.I.Y. by Erica. After all it was one of the reasons that started this entire process.

Since I use for my jewelry only hand fabricated components I made also the chain and the clasp which are fairly basic.


Sterling silver with aquamarine beads

Will it work also as a pendant? I am not sure because it is long.

Comments

  1. You should really add pictures of the jewelry when worn! It's hard to get a feel for sizes and length this way…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment