Playing with beads

One of my favorite activities which calm me when I'm stressed out or tiered is to look online for bead based jewelry. A few months ago I found two sites that gave specific instructions how to make components that I found interesting. I read the instructions again and again but I did not get to actually check them out. But on the last working day of the week I decided to leave all my current projects and test my ability to follow these instructions.
The first tutorial I have tried was "How to make jewelry clusters" posted by BRANDIGIRLBLOG.COM. I was interested in this method because my cluster jewelry is based on attaching beads to a chain while this method is based on piling looped beads on a head peen. I made a pair of earrings which came out really nice. I will most probably use this technique again.

The second tutorial I have tried was "Bead cluster" by Cut Out and Keep. Very quick and the result is quite sassy. I used relatively large beads so the bead cluster or bead ball can be worn as a pendant on its own.


Aquamarine & tourmaline beads, sterling silver


Aquamarine beads, sterling silver

Comments