Patterns – to draw or to photocopy from nature?

I've always had a heavy hand when drawing patterns for jewelry. To work around this problem, I developed several methods. I draw with templates, I use illustrations I find in newspapers and journals, on packaging paper, online, etc and I take photos with a camera and if possible with photocopier. 
I wish I could draw better because it would have given me much more freedom of design. On the other hand nature is so diverse that I always find an interesting new design. 

Bush with flowers


Photos of flowers taken with camera

Photos of flowers taken with photocopier

Pendant and earrings that incorporate the flower pattern

Flower drawn with template

Bush with flowers

Photos of flowers taken with photocopier

Pendant and earrings that are based on the flower pattern



The very first post of this blog was about jewelry I made using photographed ginkgo leaves which I brought from a trip to Japan.



Comments