Handmade jewelry pricing - the books &journals issues

It is a great pleasure for me to read books and journals on topics related to metalsmithing. I love to appreciate the works of jewelry artists and admire again and again the huge range of styles. Moreover, since I do not belong to a community of artists, this is an excellent option for me to catch up on working methods, tools & equipment, raw materials, and the like.
In terms of purchasing books and journals I belong to the older generation which prefers to enter a bookstore and review the item before purchasing it. However I am subscribed to "lapidary Journal" for many years and still it is a celebration every time I get it.
So now comes the question: whether the cost of books and journals and the time devoted reading them should be part of the price of my jewelry?
More about my thoughts about pricing handmade jewelry can be found in previous posts. 


Comments