Bronze pendants & silver earrings

I took the photos of these ancient bronze pendants at the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology, Philadelphia, PA http://www.penn.museum. I am embarrassed to admit that I do not remember to which collection they belong. I looked for an answer at the museum website but did not find any helpful information. I tend to think that the pendants are Etruscan but as I wrote maybe not.
I have created a pair of earrings based on the same basic structure. The upper part is a three petal flower shaped into a dome using a dapping block while the leaves were cut using a blanking die and shaped on a wooden block using a technique called countersynclast.    

Bronze pendants

The museum caption describes the object and its estimated use but not its source

Sterling silver earrings


Comments