A new twist on fold formed jewelry

It has been years since the last time that I wore these fold formed earrings and pendant (first two photos). At the time I was teaching myself fold forming and was so enthusiastic with the technique that right away I fabricated the pieces out of gold. But something was wrong and as mentioned I didn’t wear them. With the price of gold being quite high it occurred to me that the right thing to do was melt them down and reuse the gold. Since I came to this decision, I took the opportunity to experiment with the jewelry – an uncommon event when working with gold. Just because I was curious to see the result I gave a twist to the three pieces. Surprise surprise! I liked the effect so much that instead of melting them I wear them every day for the past week!

Earrings - Original crescent 

Pendant - Original crescent 

Earrings - Twisted 

Pendant - Twisted 
Pendant & earrings - Twisted 


Comments