Recommended chain length for pendants

Online you can find many websites and blogs that give detailed guidance on the proper chain length for you.  I took the following photo from the site of Rio Grande, a jewelry-making equipment, tools and supplies company. You can get an impression on how chains of different lengths are placed on the body for men and for women.


As for myself, I refer only to two rules when I come to select a chain:
·        The chain length should match the shape of the neckline, and its depth.
·        The chain should match the size of the pendant. As I understand it you should wear smaller pendants near the neck while large pendants can be worn with any length of chain.
 Over the years, I have purchased four chains of different lengths: 43, 50, 60, 90 centimeters (17.2, 20, 24, 36" ). I use them to wear all of my pendants. Thus, I wear a particular pendant on chains of different lengths according to my outfit. 

Comments