A giant bead in New York City


On my way to the NYC fashion museum (FIT) I crossed the intersection of 6th avenue & 54st. and there it was: a giant bead. I wondered if it was new. It was impossible to believe that I have passed by it before and didn’t notice it! I loved the egg like general look that was not a specific geometrical shape and the same goes for the cut outs.

I found out that Pratt Institute architecture professor and artist Haresh Lalvani is the artist, the sculptor's title is: SEED54 and it has been there for over two years.

Several years ago I did lots of handmade silver beads in different styles. A number of them bring in mind the giant New York one.

More information can be found at http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/real-estate/new-york-latest-piece-public-art-livens-54th-st-sixth-ave-article-1.1237578

While searching the web I found one more jeweler that found this sculpture close to one of her pieces http://emmashopebook.com/category/new-york-city/ 

SEED54

SEED54 close - up 

Sterling silver, 14K gold beads, Peridot beads, Aiolite beads necklace

Sterling silver bead

Sterling silver bead

Comments