Necklace made of a variety of green beads

After I have completed the multi-green cluster earrings (shown in my previous post) I've realized that I could make a matching necklace from the leftover beads and more over I could make it long. My initial intention was to combine short lengths of each type of bead (photo 1). But it didn’t work well with the earrings. Eventually I left half of the necklace with the original design yet for the other half I strung the beads each one from a different type in a random order (photo 2). When folded in two the differences between the design of the two halves is emphasized (photo 3). Now I really like the interaction between the earrings and the necklace (photo 4). For both, the earrings and the necklace, I have used: Peridot (bright olive green), Green onyx (bottle green), Apatite (blue-green), Green amethyst (gray-green), Serpentine (light olive green). The clasp is made of 14K gold.


Initial necklace design


Final necklace design


Necklace folded in two


Necklace and earrings

Comments