Malachite Jewelry


I purchased this beautiful silver and malachite pair of earrings from a Native American artist when I lived in California during the mid 90's.



A few years later I realized that I hardly ever wore those earrings because I didn’t have a matching piece of jewelry. Thus, I bought strands of malachite beads, fabricated a clasp and prepared this necklace. I thought the result was somewhat boring but I never found the time to do something about it.



A few months ago, as part of my efforts to learn how to fabricate a bail employing anticlastic forming techniques, I fabricated this pendant with a malachite cabochon I purchased many years ago.



Only a couple of days ago I realized that I could put together a beautiful set of malachite jewelry from the pieces I have bought and fabricated over the past 20 years.   

Comments